Healthy Body Healthy Mind with Focus Learning Camps
At Focus Learning we believe CAMP should be a time for FUN! We also know that these school breaks can be an AWESOME opportunity for kids to develop new interests and skills. If you’re looking for inspiring STEM education, this is the right place for you!! Each camp program is specialized to meet your child’s needs. Focus Learning aims to create an experience for kids that empowers them to be healthy, active creators who will discover their inner talents and curiosities while learning and playing this summer.
• This year, we will run our wonderful summer camp programs in two convenient locations:
• Focus Learning Location: 2900 Steeles Ave. E., Unit 202, Thornhill, L3T 4X1. This is a safe unit in the mall of Shops on Steeles and 404. Easy access by TTC and Highway 404. This location will be open for touring after its Grand Open House on Sunday, April 15th, 2018.
• Topkids Location: 41 Scarsdale Road, Unit 7&8, North York, M3B 2R2. This is a multi-functional kids’ program centre conveniently located at Leslie and York Mills. This 6000 Sq. ft centre boasts of a large auditorium, 4 washrooms, 6 classrooms, and an indoor mini-putt golf practice room. Both camp locations are less than 5 minutes away from the nearby parks.
• Over the years, Focus Learning have formed a dedicated team of educators and industry experts who strive to provide the most comprehensive package of engaging and educational programs for our young campers. Additions to this summer are Minecraft: Education Edition, and BizKids Academy, two most popular after school programs in TFS, brought over by Mr. Charles Rotenberg.
• At the same time, in this summer community, thanks to the design of various indoor and outdoor games and activity stations, our campers have abundant opportunities interact with many other campers and make new friends!
• Focus Learning has been offering kids’ classes and camp programs for the past 6 years. Most of our camp instructors/teachers have been working with us throughout the year, or coming back every summer! All our language teachers are OCT or TESL certified, while our instructors for other programs are either OCT or experts in those fields and have a passion for educating our young minds!
• Our camp counselors are led by the most experienced teacher at Focus Learning. All counselors are university students or graduates who have had at least three years experience working at City summer camps. First-Aid certificate, CPR, and vulnerable police background check are required of all instructors, counselors and volunteers at Focus Learning summer camp.
• While most summer camp programs at Focus Learning are kept at 1:8 teacher-student ratio, many of our programs and activities are kept at 1:6 ratio to ensure more individualized attention, and a safer camp environment.
• Summer is a time when kids at different age sign up for the same type of programs. When it comes to grouping our campers, we first take into account the kid’ age, allowing a maximum of 2 years age difference in each group. The second criterion is our campers’ level in the subject they have chosen. In addition to these grouping tools, our experienced teachers and instructors work with each student’s individual needs in a small class of 8 kids.
• HEALTHY BODY, HEALTHY MIND. Focus Learning summer camp has been voted by many campers as their favourite of all, or, at least the favourite of their educational camps! Each day, our campers get three hours of small group classes in the camp programs they have signed up for, followed by 1.5-hour of outdoor games and activities, and indoor activities of their own choice!
• Every day, we hold a 15-minute fun-filled camp meeting. This is the best time for our young campers to warm up to other campers and learn about the rules of Focus Learning summer camp! Our camp instructors /teachers and counselors select Campers of the Day to award students who go up and beyond to be the best camper!
• Summer is a time of tons of fun, but SAFETY is our top priority! In both of our camp locations, every room is equipped with a web camera that helps us monitor and keep track of the class and activities.
• Our experienced OCT teachers and camp counselors have received over 8 hours of internal training in addition to their previous rich experience in teaching or working in a camp environment. Vulnerable police background check is required of everyone working at Focus Learning summer camp.
• Aside from providing a safe environment, at Focus Learning, we watch out closely for campers’ inner sense of security. All our teachers, instructors and counselors are caring and experienced in working with kids. Their genuine love for kids and educating kids makes a true difference in Focus Learning Summer Camp!
In Summer 2017, Focus Learning was very happy to work with Lunchlady to provide lunches and snacks to our precious campers! This year, we will continue to work with Lunchlady and offer three lunch options every day. You can also pack nut-free lunches for your child, with two snacks. Focus Learning will offer one fruit snack every day.
We offer morning extended care service from 7:30 to 9:00, and afternoon extended care service from 4:00 to 6:00. Campers can choose to join our various crafts, chess, or game stations run by our camp counselors, or read books from our library or from home!
We are happy to announce that we will be running our summer camp 2018 in two convenient locations: Focus Learning new location, at 2900 Steeles Ave. E. in Shops on Steeles & 404; and Topkids location, at 41 Scarsdale Road, North York, in the south east corner of Leslie and York Mills.
The best way to get a tour of our two locations would be coming to our summer camp open houses and interacting with our camp teachers and counselors. The dates for the two open houses are as follows:
Open House 1: March 25th, Sunday, 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
•Address: 41 Scarsdale Road, North York, Unit 7&8, North York, M3B 2R2
Open House 2: April 15th, Sunday, 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
•Address: 2900 Steeles Ave. E., Unit 202, Thornhill, L3T 4X1
We feel extremely honoured when you trust all your kids with us in our summer camp! That is also why we have such a large variety of camp programs! At Focus Learning, sibling discount is offered in the form of exempting registration fees – each family is only charged ONE registration fee!
Summer is a time for kids to learn and have a good time with their old friends! Refer us to your friends and each get $20 referral discount!
Let’s make Focus Learning the summer HOME for your kids and their friends!
Children may not be permitted to attend camp until or unless full payment has been received/ processed.
• 80% of the camp fee will be refunded on cancellations received 10 or more business days prior to the start of the camp session. There will be an administrative fee of $50 applied.
• 30% of the camp fee will be refunded on cancellations received less than 10 business days prior to the start of the camp session. There will be an administrative fee of $50 applied.
• Refunds will only be honored on full camp payments
• There will be no refunds issued on or after the first day of camp
• Cancellation notice must be submitted in writing
• Focus Learning reserves the right to cancel a camp with insufficient number of campers and will offer a full refund as a result. At least 1-week notice will be provided.
Our Camp registrations run on a first come first served bases. Campers may register on a weekly basis, however we cannot guarantee openings if you pay by weekly and we suggest if you are committed to our summer camp you pay monthly. We do not offer walk in or half day registrations. Registrations can be made on our website or in person at our Focus Learning location.