Healthy Body Healthy Mind with Focus Learning Camps
At Focus Learning we believe CAMP should be a time for FUN! We also know that these school breaks can be an AWESOME opportunity for kids to develop new interests and skills. If you’re looking for inspiring STEM education, this is the right place for you!! Each camp program is specialized to meet your child’s needs. Focus Learning aims to create an experience for kids that empowers them to be healthy, active creators who will discover their inner talents and curiosities while learning and playing this summer.
This year, our wonderful summer camp programs will be run in our new North York Site: 41 Scarsdale Road, Unit 7&8, North York, M3B 2R2, inside Topkids School. This is a multi-functional kids’ program centre conveniently located at Leslie and York Mills. This 6000 Sq Ft centre possesses a large auditorium, 4 washrooms, 6 classrooms, and an indoor mini-putt golf practice room. It is less than 5 minutes’ walk away from public parks.
• Over the years, Focus Learning has developed a dedicated team of certified educators and industry experts who strive to provide the most comprehensive package of engaging and educational programs for our young campers. Additions to this summer are Minecraft: Education Edition and Bizkids Academy, the two most popular after school programs in TFS, brought over by Mr. Charles Rotenberg.
• Our camps incorporate both indoor and outdoor games and activities so our campers have abundant opportunities to interact with other campers and make new friends!
• Focus Learning has offered kids’ classes and camps for more than 6 years. Most of our camp instructors / teachers have been working with us throughout the year or coming back every summer! All of our language teachers are OCT or TESL certified, while our instructors for other programs are either OCT certified or experts in those fields and have a passion for educating young minds!
• Our camp counsellors are led by the most experienced teacher at Focus Learning. All counsellors are university students or graduates who have had at least three years of experience working at City summer camps. First-Aid certificate, CPR, and vulnerable police background checks are required for all instructors, counsellors and volunteers at Focus Learning camps.
• When it comes to grouping our campers, we first take into account the age of the camper, allowing for a maximum of 2 years age difference in each group. In addition, groups are further divided according to the campers’ levels of experience in each subject.
• Our experienced teachers and instructors work with each student’s individual needs in a small class of 8 kids.
• Healthy Body, Healthy Mind. Focus Learning summer camp has been voted by many campers as their favourite educational camps of all! Each day, our campers get three hours of small group classes in the camp programs they have chosen, followed by 1.5 hours of outdoor games and activities or indoor activities of their own choice!
• Everyday, we hold a 15 minute fun-filled meeting. This is the best time for our young campers to warm up to other campers and learn about the rules of Focus Learning summer camp! Our camp teachers / instructors and counsellors select Campers of the Day to award students who go up-and-beyond to be the best camper!
• In both of our camp locations, every room is equipped with a live camera that helps us monitor and track the class and activities.
• Our experienced OCT teachers and camp counsellors have received over 8 hours of internal training in addition to their previous experience in teaching or working in a camp environment. Vulnerable police background checks are required of everyone working at Focus Learning.
• Every teacher and counsellor at Focus Learning is certified in CPR and First-Aid. In addition, we have an incident report protocol that communicates timely with parents if any serious situations arise.
• Aside from providing a safe environment, we also watch out closely for each camper’s inner sense of security. All of our teachers, instructors, and counsellors are caring and experienced in working with kids. Their genuine love for kids and education makes a true difference in Focus Learning!
We offer supervised morning extended care from 7:30 AM to 9:00 AM, and afternoon extended care from 4:00PM to 6:00PM. Campers can choose to join various crafts, chess, or game stations, or read books from our library!
• Camp Cancellations: Children may not be permitted to attend camp until or unless full payment has been received or processed.
• 80% of the camp fee will be refunded on cancellations received 10 or more business days prior to the start of the camp session. There will be an administrative fee of $50 applied.
•30% of the camp fee will be refunded on cancellations received less than 10 business days prior to the start of the camp session. There will be an administrative fee of $50 applied.
•Refunds will only be honored on full camp payments
•There will be no refunds issued on or after the first day of camp
•Cancellation notice must be submitted in writing
•Focus Learning reserves the right to cancel a camp with insufficient number of campers and will offer a full refund as a result. At least 1-week notice will be provided.
•Camp Registrations: Our Camp registrations run on a first come first served basis. Campers may register on a weekly basis, however we cannot guarantee openings if you pay by weekly. We suggest - if you are committed to our summer camp - that you pay monthly. We do not offer walk-in or half day registrations. Registrations can be made on our website or in person at our Focus Learning location.